Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Clays, Trap, Skeet etc, all shotgun related queries and information.
By J
Does anyone have anything bad to say about Stoeger? I was at Hoffmans this weekend and saw this Stoeger 12 gauge but, im not really familiar with Stoeger. I love where all the controls are and how the shotgun feels but, I am not really a shotgun guy nor I have I really heard anything about them. I know they sell more than just shotguns. Are they a company like how Honda is to Acura or Nissan to Infiniti? Or in gun terms how Rossi is to Taurus? I heard Benelli seems to be cream of the crop and Mossberg is like all-american nothing goes wrong type shotguns. But, does Stoeger fall somewhere in this category? Thanks.
By GreggAndrews
Well... it depends. Are we talking about Stoeger pumps, or doubles?

The only experience I have with their pump actions is just for the matter that I've shot one once. I honestly wasn't too impressed... I'll stick with my Featherlights. They seem like a solid gun, but... for me that still remains to be seen.

On the other hand, their doubles are excellent guns for the money. Sure, they're not the best fitted, or most finely finished... but for $350-$400 you're getting a hell of a steal for a SxS or even an O/U.

I would have no qualms about buying one of their doubles. If it wasn't for the Stevens/Savage 311 sitting in my room, it would be one of those.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!