Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By MessEleven
...until they're begging for business with deeper than normal discounts.

Dropped in yesterday to look for .44 spl ammo, plus I hadn't been up there in a while. Only a handful of people in the store (surprising on a weekend mid-day.) So I find a single box of plain-Jane Federal ammo in this caliber, and the pricks were charging $44.00 for a box of 20. That's right, $2.20 per round!

So I hope they've squeezed every possible drop of opportunistic profit out of the gun owners that made them, because it's going to take a HELL of a lot to get me back there. Found a supply of .44 special at luckygunner.com for $1.00 a round. It's all gone now, but that should tell you who respects our sport. Hoffman's can go eff themselves.
By CTSixshot
MessEleven wrote:... .44 spl ammo... ... a single box of plain-Jane Federal ammo in this caliber, and the pricks were charging $44.00 for a box of 20. That's right, $2.20 per round!
I suspect that if you provide some 44 S&W Special brass, someone out there in CTShooting land could reload plenty of fodder for you...
... Hmmmm! Just so happens I have ample 180gr XTP-HP and Cowboy bullets and a slew of 200gr, maybe some 240gr, LRNFPs, too. Even the Lee 310 grain, but that's a bit much for the Special!
By MessEleven
CTSixshot wrote:
MessEleven wrote:... .44 spl ammo... ... a single box of plain-Jane Federal ammo in this caliber, and the pricks were charging $44.00 for a box of 20. That's right, $2.20 per round!
I suspect that if you provide some 44 S&W Special brass, someone out there in CTShooting land could reload plenty of fodder for you...
... Hmmmm! Just so happens I have ample 180gr XTP-HP and Cowboy bullets and a slew of 200gr, maybe some 240gr, LRNFPs, too. Even the Lee 310 grain, but that's a bit much for the Special!
Like a dope, I didn't think to ask here before I bought it. :oops:
By CTSixshot
To me, the 44 Special is easy shooting and with a 240 grain piece of lead moving at 900 fps or more, it does anything a .45ACP will do, except shoot 8+ rounds quickly...
By mu2bdriver
Did you ask anyone about the price? I was there about a month ago buying some 22WMR and the price looked way out of whack - over double what I could get elsewhere. I asked someone if it was right and after checking on it, he was overly apologetic about it being mismarked, prices rapidly changing, etc. No problem for me - it's not like I never made a mistake like that.
By denick
I have 500 once fired casings Win and Fed. And a few rounds of Fed.
By MessEleven
mu2bdriver wrote:Did you ask anyone about the price? I was there about a month ago buying some 22WMR and the price looked way out of whack - over double what I could get elsewhere. I asked someone if it was right and after checking on it, he was overly apologetic about it being mismarked, prices rapidly changing, etc. No problem for me - it's not like I never made a mistake like that.
I did...and the guy just smiled at me like I was an idiot. Nice.
By mu2bdriver
Then they can go shit in their hat. Far be it from me to defend them but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a scenario like mine.
By punisher
Yea the thievery and price gouging has been going on for a while at the stores, on this forum and the other forum too and pretty much everywhere.

After the tragedy in Newtown the cheaper than dirt wannabees started.
By CTSixshot
denick wrote:I have 500 once fired casings Win and Fed. And a few rounds of Fed.

Well, here's what I can do this week or next...
Get them to me and commit to purchasing two boxes of my 180-240gr cast bullet ($30 per 50) or 180gr. XTP-HP ($40 per 50) reloads and I'll pay you $50 for 500 mt's; or simply reduce your purchase price by this amount.
Guarantee included: They function or return them for purchase price.

Outright purchase: $40 delivered to Branford or North Stonington
By MessEleven
punisher wrote:Yea the thievery and price gouging has been going on for a while at the stores, on this forum and the other forum too and pretty much everywhere.

After the tragedy in Newtown the cheaper than dirt wannabees started.
There are still a few decent retailers. The Freedom Shoppe hasn't raped customers and many of the online retailers like Bud's and Midway haven't raised their prices a dime. Of course they have very low inventory now, but I won't forget them after all this shit is over. And it will end eventually.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!