Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By CTSixshot
Near End of Summer Swap Meet/Flea Markets
Sales for Fall Hunting Season and Sale of Ammunition before the Start of Eligibility Certificates

Bozrah Rod and Gun Club 79 Santa Anna Road Lebanon CT 06249
Saturday, August 24th, 2013 9 A.M. to 2 P.M.
AND
Mystic Rod and Gun Club 44 Gun Club Road Stonington CT 06378
Saturday, September 7th, 2013 9 A.M. to 2 P.M.

Swap meet vendors, Bozrah Rod and Gun Club, Lebanon 06249 Take Exit 22 off Route 2, 2-1/2 miles from exit 22 on Waterman Road. Look for the LARGE 4' x 4' Bozrah Club sign at the club entrance.
An event sign will also be at the club entrance road - Santa Anna Road. A one day event from 9- 3 for buyers.

Mystic Rod and Gun Club is between Route 95/Route 184 and Route 2 on Route 201 at 44 Gun Club Road. An event sign will also be at the club entrance road. A one day event from 9- 3 for buyers.
Vendors may purchase each 8 foot table for $30. for either event. There will be a $10 refund per table at 3 P.M.
Table reservations and payment - Please make checks payable to
Warren Speh and send to 647 Lantern Hill Road, North Stonington CT 06359.
I will arrive approximately 6:30 A.M. to get the coffee started, open doors, etc.
The vendor area is generally closed to viewing until 9 A.M. giving vendors time to set up, get coffee, and seek out other vendors.

For the Bozrah event, Vendors should drive behind the club building as there is a platform to place your items on before moving into the building. A ramp will also be there for hand truck access to the vendor table area. The tables will be arrange and assigned on first come basis. Some tables are reserved for vendors with multi tables and to facilitate overall accommodation. Once you have unloaded your items, please relocate your vehicle at the rear of the building, so as not to block access to the platform or vehicle entry/exit routes. The swap meet display area is upstairs and there are toilet facilities both upstairs and also on the ground floor level of the building.

For the Mystic Event, A convenient ramp is located at the end of the building for vendors to access their table(s).
Once you have your items for display at your display area, please move your vehicle to grass area around the perimeter of the club parking lot so that ample parking will be available for purchases of your goods.

A maximum of 49 firearms may be displayed at these events and dealers must have their license displayed.

All regular Federal and State laws apply. No handguns or reloaded ammunition. We cannot exceed the 49 firearm limit, however when a firearm is sold, another may be displayed. I will have a member periodically monitoring the number of firearms on display. The State Police will make an appearance to ensure that we are in compliance.

I have already sent notification to over 600 people whom I have e-mail addresses for and I have developed a telephone list for people without a computer from our previous flea market/swap meets. Other advertising includes make flyers distribution to other organizations which have ties to the fishing and hunting and firearm community.

I would like to know if you hold an FFL and if you intend to display firearms and approximately how many for sale. I may have to limit the number of firearms per table, depending on how many want to bring guns and how many they may want to bring. I hope to be able to accommodate all. This will be to meet the 49 gun event requirement.

Food will be available in the A.M. pastry and burgers and dogs at 11:30 to 1 or so.
Soda and water will be available and coffee throughout the day.

Any other questions please call 536-6640 or e-mail [email protected].
Suggestions welcome.

Warren Speh
Last edited by CTSixshot on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By newguy
I think I will go to Bozarh one if i am awake that morning. I have a birthday party to go to the night before.
By CTSixshot
Hopefully, all of the vendors won't have gone crazy with pricing since this is "Sales for Fall Hunting Season and Sale of Ammunition before the Start of Eligibility Certificates".
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!