Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Ngneer2111
OK fellow gun enthusiasts, I have a hard decision to make. Due to the "Assault Weapon Ban Loophole" I have the opportunity the purchase a Colt Sporter HBAR (pre-ban) for $1800. According to the seller, a reputible area arms dealer, the "loophole" make this sale perfectly legal, as long as the date of manufacture was confirmed by Colt.

I don't want the purchase to jeopardize my handgun permit and have been assured that the purchase is perfectly legal and will receive a letter certifing the D.O.M. from Colt.

I realize that the decision is ultimately mine, and this may be my last opportunity to enter the ranks of AR-15 owners and since I value the opinions of the ladies and gentlemen of this fine group, I'm asking your opinion on the weapon, price, and also the opportunity to purchase.

Well, have at it.......

BTW, I've told the dealer I'd stop by on Saturday (10/26) so I need your
input ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Marino
By Sebring_Pop
This is just me !!!
I sold my AR before the law went into affect. I don't want any bull sh*t or hassle. I have plenty of guns to have fun with.
I am in favor of owning an AR but it's just not for me.
I also think that loophole will be closed and those ARs will fall into the newest law in the near future..
I think that is a decent price and if an AR is your thing then go for it. I believe it is totally legal and will not hurt your pistol permit as long as you follow the laws of today and the ones of tomorrow.

Best of luck

Just my .02 cents
By Ngneer2111
Thanks for your input, POP.
Your $0.02 is always welcome!!
By mu2bdriver
Would you still buy it if you knew 100% that next session they would alter the law and make pre-pre-bans subject to the same reporting standards as others? If yes, buy it and have fun. If not, don't bother. Keep in mind that you can only buy 10rd mags for it regardless of the date of manufacture and that the magazine part of the law is separate from the AW part.
By hayes1966
Ngneer2111 wrote:Colt Sporter HBAR (pre-ban) for $1800.
The Colt Sporter was banned by name on the original AWB from 1994, you couldn't buy it after that bill went into effect. All those in the state at that time had to be registered. I believe the loop hole applied to firearms that were made prior to 1994 and weren't listed by name.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!