Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By J
Can I get everyone's opinion on AK manufacturer's? Im looking to get one to add to my collection and have been trying to do research and have found mixed reviews on all manufacturers in every forum I've seen. Im currently eyeing what I thought was an Arsenal but it's actually a Polish Beryl imported by Inter Ordnance (the Archer). This would be my first AK so im kind of lost when it comes to terms. A lot of forums I read, the people refer to countries when they talk about AK's. I know the Archer is a Polish AK but, Romanian, Chinese, Russian, im really lost. What brands belong to what country? Or at least what importer brings in what countries AK's? Any opinions on which manufacturer to go with would be great. Thanks.
Also, looking for a 5.56/.223 cause most of my other rifles are 5.56/.223. Just trying to keep it simple with ammo so I know Arsenal and Inter Ordnance make AK's in this caliber.
By LTB45
Ya good luck with getting an AK in CT
By J
So I finally picked up my first AK variant. I decided to grab a Polish Beryl imported by IO. With all the different variants, are there somethings I should be looking for when wanting to change out the furniture. I definitely want to change out the stock and possibly the handrail. Do all aftermarket AK parts fit all the different variants? Or should I be looking for "Polish Beryl Accessories" specifically?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!