Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Competitive Bullseye Shooting, match information, instructor notes and suggestions.
By Franksav
I am running a 900 bullseye league at Bridgeport Rifle Club in Stratford on the 3rd Thursday of the month (OCT through March). This is an NRA approved league. The next match is Nov 20th.

You can shoot either .22 or CF or shoot two relays and shoot both.

I also have a separate category for shooters who prefer to shoot 2 handed. This is an excellent opportunity to try bullseye shooting. Any new shooters with questions or need help PM me.

We are shooting this match in the same order as the SECTIONAL. This is an opportunity to practice for the SECTIONAL and get used to the turning targets at BRC.

Send me a PM for more information.

Here's a link to the full program on Bridgeport Rifle Club's website:

http://www.bridgeportrifleclub.com/Pist ... Night.html

Frank
By Franksav
Bridgeport Rifle Club Monthly 900 Bullseye Pistol League
9 Old South Ave, Stratford, CT 06615

Match Dates: (2014) October 16, November 20, December 18, (2015) January 15, February 19, March 19

General Information: This is an NRA sanctioned pistol league, all NRA Rules will apply. Shooters may fire either.22 or centerfire, or shoot two relays and shoot both .22 and centerfire. Shooters must sign in a minimum of 15 minutes prior to their relay.

Safety: All shooters must practice standard firearm safety and immediately obey the range officer’s commands. Any incidents of unsafe acts, poor sportsmanship, or damage to the range may result in expulsion from the range. Safety is our number one priority.

Classifications: The NRA Classification system will be used; unclassified shooters will shoot in the tyro class.

Firearms, Ammunition and Equipment: Firearms must conform to NRA rules 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4. Bridgeport Rifle Club does not allow +P or Magnum ammunition (or any ammunition that may damage the backstop). Jacketed ammo is acceptable within the normal velocity range for the caliber being used. Note: the jacketed ammunition rule is in a test period and is subject to revert back to the previous lead only projectile rule on 12/1/14. Eye and ear protection are mandatory on the range.

Course of Fire: (50 foot B2, B3 turning targets)
20 shots slow fire
20 shots timed fire
20 shots rapid fire
30 shot Gallery Course

Relay Times (one 90 shot match per relay)
Relay 1 - 5:30
Relay 2 - 6:45
Relay 3 - 8:00

Entry Fees:

...........................One Gun....Two Guns
BRC Members..........$12...........$18
Non-Members..........$14...........$20
Seniors (over 60) $1 discount

Scoring:
Competitors will swap and score each other’s targets after each 90 shot relay. The match director, range officer or pistol director will settle all scoring disputes.

Awards:
Awards will be based on the 900 Aggregates in each monthly match. There will be one open winner in each 900. Class awards will be based on one award per four shooters in each class. There must be a minimum of four shooters per class or they will be combined with the next higher class.

Entries and questions: For questions, directions to the range, or to pre-register, contact Frank Savino at [email protected] Entries will also be accepted at the range on match night up to the capacity of the range. Competitors are encouraged to pre-register to ensure they have a port and don’t have to wait.

For entries, e-mail [email protected] and please provide the following information: What guns are you shooting (i.e. .22, centerfire, or both) Your relay and port preference.

Supplemental Information
Two Hand Hold: Novice shooters may shoot the league using a two hand hold. These scores will not be combined with the competitors shooting the regular match, and they will not be sent in to the NRA for record. Separate awards will be given for two hand shooters if there are a sufficient number of shooters in this category.

Practice Relays: Competitors may shoot practice relays after they have fired their match relay if empty ports are available. There will be a nominal fee of $3 for BRC members and $5 for non-members for practice relays.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!