Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Hddreamer
Hey just wanted to tell all the owners of the Ruger "mark" pistols if you have had problems in the past putting them back togeather there's now a device that eliminates this problem all togeather, the guys name is Tom who invented this ,he has a website (posted below) he is a fellow shooter and loves his rugers ! I bought one from him and it went in flawlessly and works perfect,he also ships out very fast and stands by his work 100%
Here's his website:
Www.hammerstrutsupport.com
He also has a YouTube video
Just thought it could help out a few shooters out there ,hope I dose !
Paul
By Hddreamer
I put mine in last night it took longer to unscrew the handles then to install , the thing I just can't comprehend is why didn't ruger figure that out !
By SR9
Good question. I am sure it all comes down to money and other factors. One would have thought a fix that simple would have crossed the mind of someone at Ruger. Oh well.... I have seen several places I have worked for do the same thing.
By Hddreamer
Do you still shoot bulls eye and if so where?
By SR9
Yes, I do. I have been shooting bulls eye for the last 8 years or so with the Naugatuck Valley Pistol League. Great bunch. Several forum members are members of the club too, one is on my team. It is a league and follow NRA Bulls Eye rules but we do not take ourselves too seriously. Having fun,
camaraderie and improving our skills matter more than win/loss records.

We are coming into the last 3 weeks of the Winter League that starts in October. Our awards banquet will be on 3/31 this year.

There is a link to the web site in my signature. It is a little behind in updates but should be updated soon.
By Hddreamer
Do they let people come and watch ? When do you guys shoot ?i would like to check it out some time
By SR9
Sure! You will be welcome as my guest and can observe a match and hang out with us. We are down to our last 2 matches, Wednesday 3/8 and 3/15 which start at 7pm. I usually arrive around 6:30pm to get targets together for my team and BS with the other guys.

Let me know what night you want to stop by and I will make sure I wait outside for you. Directions to the club are on the web site : http://www.nvpl.greatatlantictrophy.com/

Have you ever shot 22 bulls eye before?
By Hddreamer
No, I never shot bullseye before :oops:
By JohnFH
I have a MK III set up for bullseye if some one wants to try
By Hddreamer
Hey John I might take you up on that can't right now texting you from hospital ,wife needed some surgery and need to take care of her for a while but ill get back to you when things settle down
Paul
By JohnFH
Maybe we can talk SR9 into coming up and we can do a mini match.

Our club has the timers set up and I have targets

Give your wife my best, I understand
By Hddreamer
I'm in ,sounds like a plan how about it sr9 ?????
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!