Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Clays, Trap, Skeet etc, all shotgun related queries and information.
By PaiN
This is what I traded the SU-16 for. I wanted a solid HD/SHTF weapon and quickly realized after buying the SU, even though it was a nice shooting rifle, it was not what I needed. After MUCH back and with a few different people and trade options, a deal was finally reached.
This is one has an 18.5" rifled barrel, mag extension, ghost ring sight and shell clip

Any suggestions or shotgunning advice for a newb?
What's a decent and inexpensive slug to use for practice at the range?
By rigger7
Nice shotgun!Do you know the maker of the mag extension?I have a Super Nova with the pistol grip stock and I'm thinking about putting a extension on it.
By AGust82
Are you sure it has a rifled barrel?

If so, you just locked yourself in to some expensive ammo. The only thing you should be firing out of a rifled barrel is saboted slugs, which run 12-15 bucks for a box of 5, on the low end. That's usually a feature of deer hunting shotguns, not HD guns. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure buck or bird shot will come out of that barrel spinning in a very wide circle, not good against humans. (think shooting at a goose flying 200yds in the air.)
By sjcolwell2
I would get a non rifled barrel , then you can shoot what ever you want thru it.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!