Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Training related discussions.
Just what you've been waiting for! Another top-notched international instructor comes to CT! It's rare, but it does happen!

Jason Falla (REDBACK ONE) 2-Day Tactical Carbine - July 23-24, 2011 - Meriden, CT

www.redbackone.com
www.jasonfalla.com

REDBACK ONE offers high quality firearms and tactics training for Military, Law Enforcement, Private Security Personnel (PSP), and Civilian personnel. REDBACK ONE's firearms instructors come from various branches of the military and have years of operational and instructional experience. REDBACK ONE instructors are hand selected and must have a solid teaching background as well as possess exceptional combat marksmanship skills on both pistol and rifle. Our instructors are continuously training when not engaged with the customer and are always looking to create faster and more efficient techniques in order to provide our students with vital knowledge  to prevail in combat overseas or during lethal force encounters here at home.

Jason Falla Bio:

Jason Falla is a veteran soldier from the Australian Army Special Forces community. He was a qualified Green Beret commando and former member of the Australian Special Air Service Regiment (SASR). Jason dedicated 12 years to servicing his country and deployed to the Middle East as part of GWOT. Jason was actively engaged in offensive operations during OEF and OIF as well as many other theaters around the world. Jason relocated to the United States in 2005 and secured a full time position with Blackwater in 2006. He quickly became regarded and well respected in the firearms industry as one of Blackwater's best instructors. Jason left the company in Jan 2010 and became a training advisor for Redback One, a firearms and tactics school that emphasizes combat marksmanship. Jason's expertise and proficiency in Special Operations training including, CQB, urban warfare, military small arms, Land-Warfare and combat medicine makes him a highly sought after instructor within the firearms industry and the U.S military. He is a master class IDPA pistol shooter and master of the carbine.

Jason Falla (REDBACK ONE) 2-Day Tactical Carbine - July 23-24, 2011 - Meriden, CT

The 2-Day Tactical Carbine course is designed for shooters interested in taking their shooting to the next level. This course is a continuation of our Basic and Level-1 courses and includes progressive learning and new techniques teaching students the tactical aspects of shooting with the tactical carbine.

Students will learn to become faster and more efficient in performing weapon handling drills increase accuracy over longer ranges. Students will learn how to shoot, move and communicate during the movement phase of training. Students will be expected to perform to a higher standard of marksmanship and gun handling than from the previous course. Students will be tested on both of these aspects of combat marksmanship on day one and tested again on the final day as a measure of improvement.

This course will cover the following:
Review of combat marksmanship fundamentals
Review of core skills - assessment
-5.56 mm Ballistics and Carbine Lethality
-Carbine and Ammunition Selection
-Shooting on the move
-Basic fire and movement techniques
-Communication during engagements
-Use of cover and using vehicles as cover
-Engaging multiple asymmetric targets
-Shooting moving targets (Range dependent)
-Enhancing Combat Reloads
-Enhancing Malfunction Drills
-Correct Ready positions including the Alert Ready
-Zeroing the Carbine for tactical applications
-Mechanical zero
-Hold Overs and Barrel Sight Relationship
-Static Turns and Pivots
-High and Low percentage targets
-Stress Courses
-Final Assessment

Instructor: Jason Falla

Class dates: July 23-24, 2011

Cost: $450

Range facilities:
Joint Forces Tactical Center
82 Camp Street
Meriden, CT 06450
www.praetorian-security.com

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Carbine/Rifle (.223 AR/5.56 M4 preferred)
-  Sling
- (5) Magazines
- magazine carrier (Armor/Load bearing vest optional)
- Eye and ear protection
- weapon cleaning kit
- Appropriate range attire,
- hydration source.

AMMUNITION REQUIRED - 1000 ROUNDS

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us; [email protected]

Here is the direct link for this class:

http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-st ... tail.bok[b]

Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to train with a world class special forces operator here in our own state! Gonna be a shitload o' fun![/b]
By snakeeater332
Posted by 30 cal slut on m4carbine.net on 5/11/11:

Just a few points of clarification due to a number of inquiries we have received.

1. This class will NOT be held indoors.

The address listed for the hosting facility - JFT / Praetorian - is the classroom.

The class will be held at an outdoor (fairly impressive by Northeast standards) facility nearby!

2. If you wish to sign up for the class, please use the Grey Group Training link provided in the OP. I will re-post is below:

http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/...cal/Detail.bok

3. This is a 2-Day Tactical Carbine class - which is distinct from the 2 Day Basic Carbine Class.

Kindly take note of above ... if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Paul Hotaling at [email protected] or myself at training_ne (at) yahoo dot com.
Last edited by snakeeater332 on Sat May 14, 2011 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
By snakeeater332
Posted by Jason Falla, Director of Training at Redback One, on m4carbine.net on 5/13/11:

For all of those students that couldn't get onto the LI course due to it being full, the curriculum for both the CT and Long Island class will be the same. The CT course is about half way filled so jump on it before it fills up too!

For the enrolled students, make sure that you arrive with your rifle zeroed! This will save about 1-3 hours of training time. I recommend a 50/200m zero, but this training will focus on advanced weapons manipulations and movement training.

Make sure you have good ammo and plenty of lube on the working parts to keep that gun going!

Check ALL of your accoutrements on your guns. Anything that has a QD lever, check for fit and anything that has a screw thread attachment, make sure it's finger tight then tighten it 1/4 turn with a screw driver.

Batteries! Make sure you have spares for anything that takes them.

Magazines! Do a 100% check on ALL of your mags and get rid of any that are suspect. Mag Test #1 - Fill it up and hit the bottom, see if any rounds spring out! If so, walk it to the trash can and deposit it!

I will be running full kit while on the range, that means armor, belt order and full combat uniform and gloves. I don't mind what my students train in, so feel free to bring your range rigs.

Look forward to seeing you all there. Should be a great couple of days.
By snakeeater332
I'm registered for the class and ready to go! Anyone else here attending?
By snakeeater332
Posted by Jason Falla, Director of Training at Redback One on m4carbine.net on 5/26/11:

For everyone that is attending the 2-Day Tactical Carbine Course to be held in CT, please bring the following:

Carbine
(1) Carbine with sling, iron sights, (optic - desirable, not essential)
(2) 4x (30 rnd) magazines minimum
(3) Carbine magazine pouches (belt/vest)

Pistol
(1) Pistol with holster
(2) 3x (high cap) magazines minimum
(3) Pistol magazine carriers (belt/vest)

General equipment
(1) Eye Protection
(2) Ear Protection
(3) Sun screen
(4) Spare batteries
(5) Spare parts - desirable not essential
(6) Oil/Lubricant
(7) Water/hydration
(8) Battle snacks

Ammunition requirements
Carbine: 1000 rounds
Pistol: 400 rounds

Please arrive to the training well prepared by conducting the following battle preparation:

(1) Have your weapon zeroed, including your iron sights.
(2) Give all of your equipment a 100% check to ensure that it is all servicable and that nothing is rusted, broken or needs replacing.
(3) Check all of your magazines for servicability, pull them appart and clean if you have to.
(4) Check all of your weapon accessories to ensure that they are tight and replace all of the batteries in anything that uses them, including your reactive ear pro so you can hear what I am saying on the line!
(5) Clean your weapon prior to the training course, pull the barrel through with a dry piece of cloth at the range and wipe the bolt face dry at the same time.
(6) Keep plenty of good lubricant handy during the training and keep the weapon well lubed for the duration of the training.
(7) Bring quality ammunition. I know that it becomes expensive, but good ammo will serve you better in the long run by decreasing the wear and tear on your weapon and maintaining a good reliable carbine. This will help minimize any stress or embarrassment to you on the firing line. I have seen plenty of expensive weapons break due to poor round selection.

This should be a great course and I am really looking forward to it. See you there.

Jason
[email protected]
www.redbackone.com
Last edited by snakeeater332 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By snakeeater332
Is anyone else here going to this class in Meriden?
By djmiked
I would have, but will be up in VT for the GMBSC machinegun blast for 2 days.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!