Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By nyalex98
stopped by BMGs today, found a bunch of Yugo and Romanian SKSs under $500, Mosins too.
By sjcolwell2
I recently purchased a inexpensive scope for my Stag Model 2 from the guys at BMG. I think the brand was firefield or something along the lines of that. It cost roughly 125 bucks. Well this past weekend I tried to sight this scope, and could not. The closest I could get was nice groups rough four feet right of my target ( on someones elses) @ 100 yards. We then took the scpe off and remounted and tried the whole process over again, with the same results. So Wednesday night my wife and I went down there to return the scope (in the original box with the receipt). The minute I mentioned that I had an issue with a product that had been purchased from them and that I would like to return it. The owner went from pleasant to almost threatening. I simply asked for my money back because I was not pleased with the product and really didn't want another one. He stated that they do not do returns on any products they sell. (Which I thought was illegal). I asked the owner nicely where he has his return policy posted and he pointed to a sign on the wall that stated that "All gun purchases were final" which makes sense. Again I asked for my money back nicely because the product I wanted to return was not a gun . And he stated that it wasn't his ploicy to accept returns on scopes , and that they needed to be returned to the manufacturer for repair. Again I asked where he had his return policy posted because the one he refered me to was strictly for gun purchases and he said rudely it was around here somewhere. (which it wasn't) Again I asked for my money back stating that his customer service was other that exeptable. He ripped the reciept out of my had and asked me for my credit card. I then told him that it was a cash purchase , which pissed him off even more. As he walked away from me he said that he could only give me a company check, at this point I really didn't even care. As he gave me the check he stated that he did not want me to come back to his store.
Now I was overly polite to this guy, and never raised my voice. I just think that there policies are rediculas. Also the whole time this was going on there where other peope in the store that apparently got so discusted they left . When I walked out of the store they had stayed and confronted me . Asking if I got my money back or not . They to could not believe the way this guy acted. So just air on the side of caution . Lastly I picked up a Burris AR-332 red / green dot scope from the guys at Riverview Sales , who are always a pleasure to deal with!!!
By newguy
Let me guess it was the older guy thin with salt and pepper hair who always wearing camo. He given me a hassle there abunch of times. Honestly i think there prices are about 50 to 100 dollars more then other places and really the only two people I will deal with is the heavy set guy or his wife they own the place. If the other guy is in there i normally will just walk right back out. if the owner and his wife aren't there
By SR9
Thanks for posting that. I have been hearing more not so good reports about BMG.

That is absolutely no way to treat a customer. Not to mention the impression he gave the would be customers in the store.

It is really unfortunate that some firearms suppliers just cannot come to grips with the fact that they are dealing with a limited market. Every customer counts. In addition, gun people tend to be a pretty close knit community and word of issues spread quickly.

The guys at Riverview seem to be quite friendly and helpful. I went there last Spring(I think) for an open house with mfg reps. I looked around to see what they had since I had not been there before and then went to the counter to look at the SR1911. I was just looking and had no intention to buy anything at that moment. A friendly employee offered to help and I said I was just looking at the SR1911 and did not want to take up any of his time since I was just a tire kicker. He pulled out the SR1911 for me to look at insisting it was not a bother.

Their prices are pretty good and after I was treated so nicely I will definitely go back there.
By LTB45
sjcolwell2 wrote:I recently purchased a inexpensive scope for my Stag Model 2 from the guys at BMG. I think the brand was firefield or something along the lines of that. It cost roughly 125 bucks. Well this past weekend I tried to sight this scope, and could not. The closest I could get was nice groups rough four feet right of my target ( on someones elses) @ 100 yards. We then took the scpe off and remounted and tried the whole process over again, with the same results. So Wednesday night my wife and I went down there to return the scope (in the original box with the receipt). The minute I mentioned that I had an issue with a product that had been purchased from them and that I would like to return it. The owner went from pleasant to almost threatening. I simply asked for my money back because I was not pleased with the product and really didn't want another one. He stated that they do not do returns on any products they sell. (Which I thought was illegal). I asked the owner nicely where he has his return policy posted and he pointed to a sign on the wall that stated that "All gun purchases were final" which makes sense. Again I asked for my money back nicely because the product I wanted to return was not a gun . And he stated that it wasn't his ploicy to accept returns on scopes , and that they needed to be returned to the manufacturer for repair. Again I asked where he had his return policy posted because the one he refered me to was strictly for gun purchases and he said rudely it was around here somewhere. (which it wasn't) Again I asked for my money back stating that his customer service was other that exeptable. He ripped the reciept out of my had and asked me for my credit card. I then told him that it was a cash purchase , which pissed him off even more. As he walked away from me he said that he could only give me a company check, at this point I really didn't even care. As he gave me the check he stated that he did not want me to come back to his store.
Now I was overly polite to this guy, and never raised my voice. I just think that there policies are rediculas. Also the whole time this was going on there where other peope in the store that apparently got so discusted they left . When I walked out of the store they had stayed and confronted me . Asking if I got my money back or not . They to could not believe the way this guy acted. So just air on the side of caution . Lastly I picked up a Burris AR-332 red / green dot scope from the guys at Riverview Sales , who are always a pleasure to deal with!!!

Spaces between some of the lines makes reading a long post a bit easier. :D

Even if it is about an A--hole! 8O
By jamesb
newguy wrote:Let me guess it was the older guy thin with salt and pepper hair who always wearing camo. He given me a hassle there abunch of times. Honestly i think there prices are about 50 to 100 dollars more then other places and really the only two people I will deal with is the heavy set guy or his wife they own the place. If the other guy is in there i normally will just walk right back out. if the owner and his wife aren't there
This. From what I remember I stopped here after Hoffmans and a Glock was $70 more! It is less than a half mile difference. I don't know who would buy one there.
By newguy
Ya i went in there looking to 8mm Mauser rounds. I asked the guy if they had any well they did but they weren't brass case they were lacquered Romanian. So I was like sorry i don't want them because it gonna scrap off in my bolt action rifle when it gets hot and i will have to spend extra unneeded time cleaning. The guy got all offended and was like there nothing wrong with these so you have to do some cleaning and told me i didn't know what i was talking about.
By PaiN
I decided a while back not to frequent BMG Guns. Thier prices are far higher than Hoffmans, poor selection and the service and attitude of employees is gruff at best.....
I was looking at a new German snubby .357mag revolver they had in and the salesman that was showing it comes out with some assinine statement too the extent of "I'd love to shoot someone in the face with that...." punctuated with a crazy ass look in his eye...
That was the end of me going to BMG.
Last edited by PaiN on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mopar
Gee, do ya think that even among this rather limited audience the guy as lost a LOT more then $125 in sales by being an a-hole?

And if this guy is NOT an owner, and the owners *ARE* decent to deal with (like newguy said) then maybe the owners need to know how much biz this guy is costing them. I know from reading this thread, if anyone asked me about BMG I would recommend they steer clear.
By newguy
The wife is extremely nice i was in there buying my Mauser which SR9 now has I told her i wasn't too thrilled about the condition of the ones at the rack and she took me in back and let me pick one out of a crate. Most people wouldn't have given you the option of hand picking your own out of a crate
By hayes1966
I went in a few times but was not impressed by the "know-it-all" attitude of the guy. I had some debate over preban rifles with an older heavy set guy who claimed they were "illegal in CT". I mentioned the section of CT law that defines it and he continued with the "DPS were in here and said ..."

I see he now sells stripped preban lowers for $700 ...
By sludwinjr
ive dealt with the owner and he is just as big as a tool as the rest.

went in on a saturday looking to purchase an m&p 9 as they were the only one who had it in stock. it was $50 more than everyone else but i wanted it. state was still open for another hour or so, bmg was closing in 15 minutes. i told him id take it, pulled out my wallet and permit and he said its too late and hes closing soon, i can come back on wednesday. i asked if the owner was there and he said your speaking to him, i lit him up and will never go back.
a buddy of mine bought a utg stock assembly from them for his ar15, opened it up and was only buffer tube and stock, no buffer or spring. he went back they told him thats why it was cheaper than everywhere, to bad no refund, even though box showed everything, they used the parts and sold the rest in the box as new,,,,,,
By magneton44
Thanks for the heads up on these ))**&&^^$$##@@
By YeaItsSlo
Keeping away from bmg.
By myglimk2
YeaItsSlo wrote:Keeping away from bmg.
x2 :roll:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!