Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By Mike_Diako
Anyone know someone who can transfer a lower for me if I buy it online? I'm sick of the guilt trips by all the local gun stores. Here's the catch. The lower has an adjustable stock so I would need it pinned to have it transferred correct?

Long story short, I would love to purchase a lower locally but nobody carries polymer lowers. Also, customer service doesn't seem to be priority for most of these guys. I'm sick of being treated like a "bother" rather than a customer. :roll:

Now that my rant is over, I wouldn't mind driving a little bit as long as I don't get hosed on transfer fees. $50 seems to be the going rate at all the stores. I would rather give the money to a fellow hobbiest.
By sludwinjr
why are you getting a polymer lower? for a specific reason? to be honest there is no real benefit of a polymer lower and i would say you would be better off spending your money on a regular lower.
By Mike_Diako
Cost as well as weight. Complete lower with stock and parts kit is $99 shipped as well.
By sludwinjr
if cost is an issue i say just wait and save up a little while longer. the weight you will save will not make a difference, all i can say is seriously wait and buy a regular lower and pass on the polymer lower. youll be wasting your money. by the time your done its not worth replacing it all twice.
go to hoffys or riverview and buy a stripped lower. then wait a few weeks and buy your lower parts kit ( there are a ton of info sights on the web with step by step instructions on how to assemble it, plus its fun and you get to learn the gun in and out) then buy your choice of stock and ill show you hpw to pin in when your ready.....this way you get good quality stuff and the stuff you want once.
By Mike_Diako
I already own an ar and built it myself as well. It was a fun experience building it. I appreciate your advice however. I am still interested in one of the polymer lowers though. I'm curious about them and want to give it a whirl. If I don't like it I'll buy another lower. You can never have enough. :wink:
By YeaItsSlo
Having owned both, ditch the polymer idea...
By PaiN
I just found this FFL in Manchester:
JGM Arms
(860) 647-9447
649 Main St
MANCHESTER, CT 06040

The transfer fee is very reasonable and the owner seemed decent to deal with in setting everything up. This FFL's hours are during the week and "by appointment" only. I'm having a few guns transferring in through JGM and should be able to pick up next week, I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
By Mike_Diako
I'm ressurecting this thread from the dead. Pain, how did your transfer go with this guy? I have a Nagant being delivered to him this week and would like to know what to expect.

Thanks.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!