Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By MessEleven
These guys seem to catch a lot of flak, but I just had a great experience.

First of all, nobody that I could find locally had either of the two guns I bought (a Sig P226 MK25 and an XDm 4.5 Bi-Tone .45,) and the prices at some were ridiculous. Hoffmans told me I would have to wait as long as 90 days for the Springfield, and that tall guy at Hiller in Norwalk quoted the Sig at $1,100 on a special order (the prices on new guns not in stock are always silly there.)

Bud's had both guns in stock at the lowest prices I could find. I ordered them with a debit card....and they shipped that same evening! Arrived at The Freedom Shoppe two days later in perfect condition. Even with the FFL fee (shipping is free) and loss of the cash discount for using a card, the price was hundreds less than our own brick and mortar locations.

I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.
By PaiN
The fact is this this: Bud's service and shipping is very inconsistent.
You may have had a great experience with this order but the next may be the exact opposite.
I only deal with Bud's "if I have too" and then I hold my breath until its over ;)
By 3319
I've bought two guns from Jetguns.com. Both guns (purchased separately and shipped separately) had Bud's FFL on them when they arrived at my local FFL.
I didn't have a single problem with either purchase.
By LTB45
I bought from BUDS once.
The transaction went smooth.
Sounds like I may have got lucky.
By phoffer961
I have done several deals with Buds and I have to agree with Pain. You get good transactions and bad ones. All of my deals went fine except for shipping. They are inconsistent with their shipping. I have deals which took two weeks to ship and I have had deals which shipped next day! Sometimes I get an email that my order has shipped and other times I didn't. I have even won auctions on Gunbroker from Buds and they were good except for notification of delivery. I really don't mind because their prices are so good. I opened a credit line with them so I always get the cash discount. Even with my $25.00 FFL fee these deals are too good to pass up! I will continue to buy from Buds.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!