Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

What if planning, survival, SHTF
By newguy
Already for myself 5.5 gallons of gas in cans this morning picked up everything that would blow away in my yard into garage and put my gas grill on my covered porch incase i need to cook outside and filled a 20lb propane tank.
By PaiN
I already have food / water provisions and things like batteries and candles stocked. I did top off the gas tanks and got 2 new propane tanks for the grill. Fingers crossed, too ;)

On a side note, I went out early this morning too exchange the tanks Home Depot already had long lines for what I assume was a sign up list for generators.
The store had armed security on duty also, weirdness.....
By newguy
I buy propane tanks. Never trusted the swaps I tried it did it like 5 or 6 times. Once got a empty tank and the guy told me i was lying and i was just trying to get a free tank full. and one tank was leaking bad scared the crap out of me. There a place in my town that fills your personal ones. I bought 4 tanks of my own and get them filled there for 15 dollars per 20lb tank
By jerryd
took all the decorations off the deck, will tie down the furnature to the deck , have nat. gas so i dont have to worry about cooking. not worried about flooding on the hill overlooking Sikorsky, so if we get flooded the state is in deep doo doo, aqs the Merritt pkwy will be underwater. Also the boss called and aske if we are avaiable for OT the next few days during the storm, told him of course! the money will go to some new toys!!
By Mike_Diako
Plenty of preps and provisions at home. It's sad seeing all the sheeple run around like idiots. You would think they learned after last year. Next week will be a shit storm at work though if the power goes out. We'll be fighting off 1k plus angry residents...
By hayes1966
I turned the temp down in the fridge to keep the beer cold in case I loose power!
By jerryd
ch 12 is sayingwe not going to get as much rain as they first predicted, getting tired of all this rain we have been getting.
By CTSixshot
I've got transportation arranged to get to hayes1966's to help with the beer consumption, if needed.
By hayes1966
Good, no point it letting it get warm!
By Clawed
jerryd wrote:ch 12 is sayingwe not going to get as much rain as they first predicted, getting tired of all this rain we have been getting.
rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby feel a little frisky :whistle:
By SR9
Was out most of the day clearing leaves, most are down. Brought in all out door furniture, cleaned the gutters and topped off my supply of gasoline, 5 in the generator and 10 in cans. Topped off my gasoline powered vehicles as well.

I have all other provisions and topped off the propane during the week.

Just hope it is not as bad as it looks.
By JohnFH
My storm prep.

I woke up and had a cup of coffee. Good to go.
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote:My storm prep.

I woke up and had a cup of coffee. Good to go.
+1, Making coffee, and ice to fill the cooler in case we lose power.
By JohnFH
put the ice in the fridge, it's a better insulator than most coolers, and it's already cold.

I keep room to store a few blocks of ice in the freezer, helps keep things cold and blocks last longer. And if need be it can be emergency water.
By myglimk2
Already have plenty of ice packs in the freezer. The cooler is for back up. :wink:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!